1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How long will a lquid pre treatment last?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Mean4x4, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Mean4x4

Mean4x4 Senior Member
    from Livonia

Originally a dusting to 1" was forecasted for tonight. So last night we " Anti-Iced" most of our lots. Well the weather has changed and we got nothing. How long will the application remain effective? Since we pre applied, what kind of results can I expect? I used a brine with 25% calcium, roughly 50 gallons per acre. What are your thoughts? Could this application kill an entire inch? ~ Mike

2. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

ask the person you bought it from :rolleyes: lol

what kind of traffic? and how much moisture has the liquid seen? ie. snow dripping off car's or water being tracked in etc.

PJ

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  3. Mean4x4

Mean4x4 Senior Member
    from Livonia

response

Moderate traffic towards front, light traffic in back.. ( Target Stores ). Product has seen no moisture, was applied on dry pavement.

4. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

my best guess would be.

toward's the front 2-4 day's max
    the rear , up to 5-7 day's

or 0 if you get some rain lol

it would be an interesting experoment if you got a light event within that time frame to see how close i am but i bet you'd be surprised ;)

PJ

5. JLO

JLO Junior Member

What ever happened with the application? Has it snowed, rained? Results for sticking around. I tested a small area last week with a salt brine and 10%calcium mix. It looked great on the ground, then rained 2 days later. Washed it all away I guess, but I did notice that the area that had been sprayed took longer to dry than the pavement around it. Must have been the calcium retaining moisture. Not sure if this is a good sign or not, this area may have iced up if the temp was low enough. Maybe not.

6. L70

L70 Junior Member

how did this go?