1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How long to wait?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Longae29, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Yesterday morning I made a couple of cold calls to new potential customers. Two of them I talked with said they were open to proposals, (1) said he would like a proposal on a property adjacent to one we already service, and that I should send him an email, and he would reply with the site map and specs. (2) said she would be interested in proposals for their portfolio and that I should send her an email and she would reply with specs. I haven't gotten replies from either yet. How long would you guys wait to re-contact them?

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Wait a week

3. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

I do the same... crap happens and people can't always get back to you asap (unless its the night before the first snow storm!)

4. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

I was thinking the middle of next week also, got them in the queue. Just starting to feel like its getting towards crunch time, and I don't want to get left on the sidelines with either of these companies.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

6. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

I assume you made the cold calls in person....... I would put a courtesy phone call in within a week, and let them know that you didn't want them left out if you possibly had the wrong email address. Usually it takes some time.

7. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Grandview, are those the newbies waiting to bid on a Walgreens?

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe they are waiting for their pay from usm

9. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

Great! Now another thread is gonna be deleted for stating the facts!