1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How long to install plow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bossman22, Dec 21, 2010.

1. bossman22

bossman22 Senior Member

Picking up my new blizzard tomorrow and getting it installed. Do you think they will have it done in a full day? Or about how long? Thanks

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

It took a little over a day to do my xls install. I took my time since it was my first time installing and I positioned everything in the easiest area for service under the hood and added my own little extra sprays of fluid film and grease to certain areas of the plow. Good Luck.

3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I had my older style Blizzard installation done last January in about 5-6 hours which included removing the Western Ultramount and harness.

4. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

I have put several hinikers on various models of trucks. As long as it is completly assembled, it takes us 4 to 5 hours.

5. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

mine was supposed to take one day...got it back 8 days later lol

6. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

When I got my extremeV, I showed up at 8AM and was driving down the road at about 10:30 if I remember correctly, however I am pretty sure that the off truck portion was already assembled, so they just had to do the truck side and setup...

Matthew

7. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

When i had a XLS installed a while back...It took the dealer about 4 hours to install....ABCO out of Toledo Ohio...First class job, done by a first class dealer...Thumbs Up

8. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

me and clapper installed a boss on one of my trucks and tore off my meyer mount and wiring in about 4-5 hours and we are no plow installers so the dealer should have it done in a day i'd hope unless they are really overbooked or jacking you around. it's not tough to do