1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How long to do this lot???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ommegang, Nov 19, 2011.

1. ommegang

ommegang Senior Member
    from wi

2. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

I would say an hour on 2 inches and 2 at most on 4 inches that lot is wide open nothing to watch out for so it would go quick! As far as salt i would say that is plenty

3. mcfly89

mcfly89 Senior Member

dont forget the hour or 2 you'll spend trying to convince them you arent interested in their books, lol

4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I would agree on time to plow with above statement, salt is too much IMO. I would think 6-7 bags at most.

5. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

Your probably right on the salt on churches i tend to put down a little more since its usually older folks and it just makes me feel better.

6. buildinon

buildinon Senior Member

findlotsize.com
    Site I was turned on to through guys on here. You can get the lot size without a problem. Figure 1 hour per acre....

Your site there comes to:
    1.125 acres so about 1 1/4 hours roughly. That is with it being wide open, and no extra obsicles. Then add up from there for sidewalks and your trigger increments.

7. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

You can or just count the spaces 100= 1 acre

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Guess were blood brothers,I take care of a Kingdom hall too.

9. ommegang

ommegang Senior Member
    from wi

That's good info, thanks much. I think I will bid it at a low seasonal since I want it. Also give 2-4",5-7", and 8-10" pricing. I'm thinking the 2-4" dollar amount times 20 if I want it and 25 otherwise. Too low? What #s do you guys use for seasonals? I know it depends if you want it or not. .20/lb salt seems the going rate also. WI last year we had 30 events I think.