1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How long should this lot take?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bison1973, Oct 7, 2002.

1. bison1973

bison1973 Member

I'm a newer guy so I need some help. I'm bidding a 63,150 sq. ft. gravel lot and would like to know about how long it should take to plow it with an 8 ft. straight blade plow. The building is surrounded by the lot but almost half is a large area in back with the rest of the sq. footage on the three other sides. So how long should it take for moderate type snowfalls? I wat to do this lot and need to get them a bid soon. I actually saw a few snow flakes today. Thanks again. And yes, I already did a search.

2. plowed

plowed Senior Member

I'm not sure about the gravel and all, but we clear a lot that's similar in size and layout. I takes 1 truck with an 8' blade about an hour, maybe just over. That's with about 3"-4" on the ground. We have some things to manuver around so that holds time up a bit. I would figure at least an hour and a half, especially with the gravel, perhaps even a bit longer. There are some guys here who have and do plow gravel, so they would know better than I. Good luck.

John