1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How long should it take?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by jg244888, Feb 4, 2009.

1. jg244888

jg244888 Senior Member

I am going to be purchasing a truck in the summer and hope to get up to 30 drives im wondering how long a 6 car drive there straight 3 on each side should take?

2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

10-15 mins. 10 minutes to wait for them to clean off cars and move them. Then 5 mins to plow as long as its not up to a garage and you have some where to put snow.

3. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

The question was phrased very confusingly, but you are asking about a straight, double wide drive, that is 3 cars long, correct?

5 minutes or less if you can stack the snow at the corners on the end of the driveway.

4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

x2 5 min with a pickup and about 2-3min for a skidder

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

You kidding me? Wait for them to clear their cars off? Guess that's why I don't do resi.

X3 for 5 minutes.

6. jg244888

jg244888 Senior Member

Tis is what they look like

driveqay.JPG

7. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

When you are giving estimates for houses make sure you check on where you can put the snow. If one side of the drive has a mailbox and the otherside has the neighbors driveway, it could double the amount of time it takes to clear the snow. Looks like some of those driveways are pretty close together.

By the way, if their are cars in the driveway, you don't wait for people to move them. You plow what you can get to and then book it out of there.

Don't forget to add drive time between driveways if you are trying to figure out how long a route will take. 30 houses times 5 minutes per house is 2.5 hours of pure plowing. Then add time for driving between houses.

8. jg244888

jg244888 Senior Member

in this area everyone piles at the across neighbors yard!! all mailboxes are at the doors its a pretty easy plow.

9. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Quick delete that post before you get roasted

LOL

10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Hey, don't you have a word to think of?

11. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Why is it my turn?:jester:

12. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Those should take about 5 mins (each) for most storms and maybe 8-10 for a few bigger ones. But that depends on where you pile the snow, how much room you have left and so on and so forth.

13. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

half hour...fourty five minutes each:drinkup:

14. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

Wayyyy to many plowers go across the street and leave trails. Maybe it just pisses me off more than most people, but it does seem like it happens often.

15. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

lol yeah, im sure that happens... Id call them a few minutes ahead maybe, if theyre not done and out of the drive im either going past or not waiting, they can back out and then clean em off.