1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how long should it take ???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by nekos, Dec 25, 2008.

1. nekos

nekos Senior Member

just for the heck of it, i was wondering how long it would take you all to plow my favorite lot and how would you do it ?
    no snow can be stacked in the top right corner.

:note:
    there is a trick to getting this lot done quickly, i just want to see how many figure it out. :)

<iframe width="640" height="480" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&amp;t=h&amp;s=AARTsJqzARj-Z8VnW5pkPMLMmZbqrJcYpw&amp;ll=42.154931,-87.846468&amp;spn=0.000954,0.001717&amp;z=19&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&amp;t=h&amp;ll=42.154931,-87.846468&

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

About an hour. Push the snow from the front to the road and take it back.

3. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

hour seems about right
    dpends on where you can put it but it seems pretty standard
    I like these lots.
    makes wings worth ithow long does it take during the busy times is the real question
    you know they love to park randomly everywhere

4. nekos

nekos Senior Member

we don't do this lot when cars are in it except to make a few passes to open it up a little. it took me a year to figure this out ... it's so simple too.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2008
  5. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

Start closes to the building an go around in squares?-That's prob not right but i'm curious to know how you do it

6. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

you didnt sub it out did you ?

7. nekos

nekos Senior Member

no thats actually dead on :)

it takes 15 - 20 minutes to do that lot.
    i push in the entrances a little past the first lot. ( the one at the bottom )
    then just angle the blade away from the building and drive around in a circle until it's done.
    i have to clean up the windrows in the corners and pull some snow away from the garbage can. ( top right ) but that only takes a few minutes.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

I have to stack snow...so just windrowing it over the curb is not acceptable for my accounts.

Hope your windrows don't freeze to close to the curb, or you'll have to plow @ 30mph to throw it over all that frozen windrowed snow on the landscape onto the other guys lots.

gotta push the sides straight into a pile.

9. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

I agree. I would push the sides all the way to the back and then plow the front and rear. 20 minutes to do it empty.

10. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

i thought 20 minutes......an hour seems way too long, thats my fav, kind of parking lot looks like a real money maker

11. nekos

nekos Senior Member

thats about how fast i go in that lot anyway :eek:

the windrows are really not much of a problem . on 2 sides there is a down slope a couple feet past the curb. the other 2 i will jump onto the curb and push it back. if i do lose the curb , the loader comes out. :)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2008
  12. jgoetter1

jgoetter1 Senior Member

Nice account. Whats your charge, and contract type??