1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How long does it take?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Going Commercial, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Going Commercial

Going Commercial Member

Does anyone have a formula or chart on how long it takes to plow a lot that is xxx sq feet using different size equipment. I know that obstacles , islands, poles, etc need to be considered but is there a system for figuring this out. My experience has been with plowing residential drives but I am trying to learn more on the commercial side. I have some lawn care commercial accounts that I have never plowed for but would like to start. I have only plowed with pick-ups and chevy tahoe/suburban size equipment with nothing larger than an 8ft blade. Thanks

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Being new in the commercial side it will take you twice as long as it should until you learn the ins and outs of commercial plowing.Once you figure out the tricks you'll be plowing double what you'll do this yr.

3. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

in time as grandview stated, your experience and your estimating time will improve; in addition, the equipment you now have will be replaced with improved methods.. thus increasing your ability to run with the best.