1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how long do you think it would take?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by R&R Yard Design, Nov 2, 2009.

1. We got a call from this condo complex for just the roadways and parking lots. The question is how long do you think it would take.

With one truck?
    Two trucks?
    One or two trucks and a skid with a push box?

And how much salt.

Thank you guys, Its the red roofed buildings, And i do know that its is 11 acres

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?t=k&amp;hl=en&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=41.464695,-87.359118&amp;spn=0.005628,0.00912&amp;z=16&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?t=k&amp;hl=en&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=41.464695,-87.359118&amp;spn=0.005628,0.00912&amp;z=16&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

do u gota work in between cars ?

3. nekos

nekos Senior Member

Well that's kind of a tricky lot.

I'm not sure if this is the right way to approach this but my first attempt would be to have 1 truck run threw the place opening up the lanes. 45 minutes max. Then leave the skid there to clean up. You're going to be moving a lot of snow around and a skid with a pusher box would be much more effective then a truck. The truck might actually get in the way if your doing more then just opening up the lanes with it.

The skid i can't say how long it will take. I guess it depends on when the lot opens up and you can get the parking spaces. The skid could keep busy there for a while though.

If some how the entire place clears out, 3 - 3 1/2 hours with just the skid.

4. We dont have to get in between the cars unless it is a larger area, say 5 to 10 spots. I was thinking about 4-5 hours with a skid and mabey 6 hours with a truck. Now how about salt wise, does 500 lbs per acre sound good, so 5000 - 5500 lbs (2.5 tons). And what would you price it at.