1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How long do you hold out?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by shovelracer, Nov 19, 2009.

1. shovelracer

shovelracer Senior Member

I think we all get commercial feet draggers. How long do you hold a spot for them before you fill another client. Calls have been coming in but would you fill a spot that has traditionally been a good payer with an unknown? Calls have been made and pressure has been applied, but as always the call will come in the day it starts sticking.
  2. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

business is business..you can't pass up work in this economy, with this many companies out there trying to plow. fill your schedule as fast as you can and move on.
  3. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

Only you can decide how long, but at some point you have to fill your schedule.

One last call/letter saying we are going to fill your time slot in X time if you don't sign. Then move on.
  4. Deco

Deco Senior Member

My estimates are noted with " must call to confirm before 11/15/09 for prices listed below .
    Most try to play dumb and call WHEN it snows after they have tried to use my estimate as a coupon . Which , Im sure sometimes works . But , prices are subject to change without notice ...when it snows without a signed contract .

business Is business :laughing: