1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How long can you sleep after a storm?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dakotasrock, Jan 12, 2008.

1. dakotasrock

dakotasrock Senior Member
    from MN

So we've all taken seen in the posts telling how long we've been out plowing; 24 hours, 38 hours, 52 hours.... whatev'.

But how long has everyone SLEPT after being out for a long time. My record- 28 hours, with a 5 minute bathroom break in between. lol.

2. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Longest I've ever plowed is 31 hours without stopping. I then slept for around 24 hours waking up for a few minutes now and then. I wonder what this sleep loss/irradic sleep patterns will do to all of us in the long run...

3. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

a good day - day and a half.

4. cod8825

cod8825 Member

How I sleep after a storm depends on what time it snowed and finished up. Mostly I take a 2 to 4 hour nap then get up and go to bed at regular time.

Mer We all know what happens wake up in morning do work and whatever snow comes in go out at midnight work till 8 next morning then go to bed Ya I think its going to shorten are life span at a ratio of 1 week to every snow event.

IMO Matt

5. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

I'll usually go to sleep for a few hours & then go to bed @ my normal time. Sleep's overrated anyways.

6. Dailylc

Dailylc Senior Member

When you have 5 kids, your lucky to get 6 hrs sleep on a good night. LOL

7. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

I have had the e day storm event - go for about 20 hours, go home, sleep 2 - 3 hours and go again. If were going at midnight and finish up in the afternoon - I may go to bed an hour early. Sleep is overrated! But I usually get 2 hour nap in on Sundays!

8. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

Plow go to school for 6 hours:realmad: try to focus go home pass out then wake up 5am the next day and go to school

just started plowing so i don't have any big 31hour plowing storys..

9. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

Sleep is over-rated!!!:sleeping::sleeping:

10. Wieckster

Wieckster Senior Member

I will sleep when I am DEAD:angel:

11. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

i have a very hard time sleeping more then 8, 10 at the very most.

12. tman3007

tman3007 Senior Member

Believe it or not, I have a really hard time sleeping after a long storm event. I can pass out for about 2 hours then I'm just up. Even though I'm miserable I just can't get back to sleep, it drives me nuts. Oh yeah, I have 3 kids under the age of 4 which never helps. :help:

13. Oasis

Oasis Senior Member

Ok whats with the bug..... that really tripped me out!!!!

14. stroker79

its on your screen too?

and here i thought i was the only one with bugs in my screen! :p

15. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Plowed for 24 hours a couple of times. Came home slept for about 4 hours and was good as new. But I tell ya I slept very well! W/ NO interuptions! And then again there have been other times I've only been out for 12 hours and slept a few hours and then all nite and late into the morning (10 am) So, it varies.

16. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

dont u guys have sum kind of pesticides to kill that thing:jester:

17. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Anything over 7-8 is too much, I start to feel sleep drunk if I get to much sleep. (mush brain)
    No matter how long Iv'e been up .

18. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

LOL. I was telling my wife last night, that some @#$% bug is in our new computer screen. That's a good trick.:D

19. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

yep and i try to sleep longer with no luck :cry:

20. stroker79

try it on your screen first and let me know if it works :D