1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How is this for an ATV?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PerfiCut L&L, Dec 15, 2005.

1. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L Senior Member

Im looking to pick up an atv for sidewalk / cleanup work. Trying to keep to a budget. Ive done some searching here and it seems the majority rule is atleast 300cc for power. 4wd, and a few other features.

Ive never owned or used an ATV so I know less than nothing about them. your input is greatly appreciated.

PS: Your not allowed to bid on this one though :nono:
  2. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

That is more then enough power. I don't know if it is a good deal, I paid about $8000 Canadian for my Honda Foremen 450, and it does a great job in tight places and for sidewalks. I would make sure that you get a decent winch for it, and that you weigh the plow a bit more then it comes stock. I feel that my blade does not cut enough and am going to add 100 lbs to it. The other great thing about an ATV is that they are a blast in the summer and can be used all year round for work and pleasure. That cannot be said about some machine that might do a better job in the winter, but collect dust all summer.

Good luck,

3. JTW

JTW Senior Member

My cousin has that ATV and it is a powerful machine.... Might wanna put some different tires on it to plow.
  4. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L Senior Member

Whats a set of tires run?

It was suggested to me to get a particular brand of plow, since it has down pressure instead of gravity to keep the plow down. Cant remember off hand the manufacturer, perhaps a number of manufacturers make them. I havnt gotten that far in my search yet.
  5. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

i dont think thats a very good deal:eek:
  6. Exciteable

Exciteable Member

Price is high...Way high for a machine that'll be 4 years old.

You can get a new machine for about $1000-$1500 bucks more. And a lot of dealers have deals going now that will include a winch and a plow.
  7. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Get a Honda with M&S tires. You don't really need the tires as these things will go through everything, especially in 4WD, but they are a nice touch. I suggest a used Rancher of Foreman. IMO, I would never buy any ATV unless it's a Honda.
  8. foggyjr5

foggyjr5 Member

For the plow i would get a cycle country, their plow are basically just like the ones on the trucks, they have electric up, down and side to side. Have had mine for a couple of years now and have not had a problem with it at all

PLANET Member

call me, I have a Kawie 650 setup already with plow and tires that sits and gathers dust. Might be willing to sell, 2038819419 :drinkup: