1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How is the western v plow?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Makndust, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

I called a guy about a used plow pickup. It has a western v plow that is approximatly 4 - 5 years old. The pickup has a 4 yr old Boss sander in the back. I'm acctoully mostly interested in the sander. I run a Boss v plow so I know nothing about Western v plows. I'm just looking for some honest (non bias) opinions about Westerns and if they will stand up as well as my Boss has for me. Any info or opinions would be appreciated.
  2. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

i feel they are the best on the market. 2nd to none. they are better in my books than a boss for a few reasons; one the boss is like hell to trip it if you are not just windrowing. the boss is a spring return not hydraulic return, and the center shoe doesn't stay on. so western uses a trip edge that will let either side trip with out interfering with the other it uses a thick squeegee like flap in the center and the wings are power out power in. but you are still buying a 5 year old plow.
  3. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

No problems with my old western v. Other then the uni mount the old v was great. she even triped without shaken my kidneys out.