1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How is the type of member you are decided?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by johntwist, Nov 1, 2004.

1. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

I have noticed that each member is classified as a Junior Member, Registered User, Senior Member, Plow Site Veteran or whatever.

I've been trying to figure out just what the difference is, but there don't seem to be any factors I can see that would make me a "Registered User" instead of a "Junior Member". At first, I thought it was the number of posts or length of time as a member, but I've seen "Senior Members" with less than 100 posts and "Registered Users" with several hundred. Is it done by age maybe?

Don't get me wrong, I don't really care, I'm not running for office here or anything. If I don't get any money for being called one thing over another then it doesn't really matter what category I fall in to. It's just that it got my curiosity going, and I can't seem to figure it out on my own or find the answers in any of the threads or the FAQ's, and unsolved mysteries do drive me a little nuts :nod: .

So, if you all who run the show here don't mind telling, how's this work??? :confused: Thanks.

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

They've made some changes over the last few months. It used to be:
    0-24 posts=junior member
    25-100 posts= senior "
    over 1000 posts= plowsite addict.

3. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

That's what I mean, you're a great example Boss.

You've got over a thousand, I have 26. But we're both "Registered Users".

Doesn't make any sense to me.

4. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I wish it was like the old way again. I'll have to inquire to Sean to see if he can switch it back.

5. SnowMizer

SnowMizer Junior Member

I only have 6 posts and I'm listed as a registered user. :waving:

6. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

I think we are all registered users except for the administrators?

7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

they should change it back :gunsfiring:

8. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I was puzzled myself. Anyone with the answer? :confused:

9. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Does it really matter what it says under your name????

10. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

When I started this thread, I was pretty clear that it really doesn't matter.

I'm just curious, that's all. And, it seems some of the other members are too. Now, it would be nice if Sean or Chuck or some moderator of the site would provide an answer. It is confusing and it's just human nature to seek answers to puzzles.

11. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

AAAA a riddle wrapped in an enigma....

Patience grasshopper....soon the answer will be revealed...