1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how is a quad cab sb for plowing

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by snowsniper1, May 1, 2007.

1. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

i am going to buy a 07 ctd 3500 srw quad cab sb w/4.10 and 6 speed auto.what do you guys think

2. snowsniper1

ttt..................

3. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

it should be a beast and push snow like its nothing.

4. snowsniper1

i have only plowed w/ reg cabs and dumps.dose anyone think the quad cab will be a prob

5. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

if its just a short box it will work fine.

6. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

big truck

the only draw back would be small lots (just a bit of jacking around to maneuver) i use a extended cab short bed ,your's should be a killer plow truck!:salute:

7. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

they work great...make sure that it has an anti-spin rearend. and dont forget the ballast.

8. snowsniper1

ttt...........................

9. dakotasrock

dakotasrock Senior Member
    from MN

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD..... GET A REAR DEFROSTER!!!
    With extended cabs, ur back window ALWAYS will get fogged up, and ull have to stop every 15 minnutes to chip away the condinsation. It sucks plowing when its 5 degrees out with your windows open just so you can go 30 min without clearing ur back window.

But i like ur truck choice. Im thinkin next summer ill get a 08 2500 or 3500 ctd quad.. their a sweet ride, and can plow snow like no other im told.

10. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

Mine works great! Turning radius is a whole lot better than my 05 chevy crew sb. Only thing that I can say will improve is if you make sure you put some weight in the back! The cummins develops so much torque it will easily spin all four tires when pushing a pile unless you throw some serious ballast in there. Mine is pretty much bone stock (tires and all) except for a set of front timbrens and a boss plow. Just added a dump insert for an extra 700 lbs. in the rear, so I can't wait to see what kind of snow I can push for next season!

11. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I have an 05 CTD QC , and it plowed great this past year. I added a TruTrac limited slip in the rear end.

Derek