1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How I get it done in the skidsteer

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by all ferris, Nov 6, 2006.

1. all ferris

all ferris Senior Member

It doesn't snow here too much but I hope to spend about 100 hours in this rig this winter.
    I typically spend about 12 hours in it per event. It's a 10' pusher and thats my truck in the background. I have a plow for the truck too but I have found this setup to be much faster in large parking lots. I used the plow on the truck for one season and now all it does is collect dust in the shed. Sorry about the mud on the loader. Right b4 this pic was taken I had the passenger side track burried in a lake while trying to finish up a sea wall. After I got out of that mess I had to plow. Now the loader has new tracks and hopefully I won't have to do anymore work in a lake bed.

t200.JPG

Last edited: Nov 6, 2006
  2. Freddy130

Freddy130 Senior Member

sharp looking set up man hope it makes you lots of change!

RC

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That's a nice little set up. I used a Case skid steer down here one time when we got like a foot of wet snow and that thing would stop and spin the tires after just pushing straight with the regular bucket. Those tracks must really get good traction to move a 10' pusher. Good luck this year.payup

4. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

That's a nice setup there! Where in the country are you?

5. Brian's Lawn

Brian's Lawn Senior Member

nice setup man. i like the skid and the truck:D

6. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

thats nice....i like that we just have a little 7'6'' plow on ours...wish we had a box

7. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Looks good, got a pic of the skidsteer loaded on the trailer?

8. all ferris

all ferris Senior Member

If your currious about how I get the 10' pusher on the trailer the answer is I don't. The pusher stays on site.

I'm in the "no snow belt" ....aka St. Louis

I think I plowed slush 3 times last year. We are over due for some big storms.

9. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Ahh I see. That makes it expensive to have plowing equipment I guess, takes some time to make it pay off.

10. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

i bet that thing stack nicely

11. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

that pic must be from last year, it was 80 deg up here in kc last week!!! nice rig!!

12. all ferris

all ferris Senior Member

The loader makes money in more ways than just plowing. Plowing is just something to do in the winter and is all extra spending money. Where this pic is taken I do 7 big commercial lots and I can drive the loader from job to job(the lots are all within .5 mile radius). Pic was taken last year.