1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How high can it stack?!

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by JeepTJ, Feb 12, 2007.

1. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

It looks as if we're in for 1+ feet of snow for Wednesday if the weather models come true:eek: . Right now the new Sno-Way ST-90 on my Jeep Cherokee has made a stack about 5' high with the small amount of snow we've had here this year. Of course the Jeep has a short front overhang and the stacking is made by driving up the stack! :rolleyes: Let's see how high it will get if we do get the forecasted snow up here in NH. :dizzy: It looks like Valentine's Day will be out in the Jeep and not with the wife:eek: .

How high will you stack?

2. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

So far I have gotten up tp 5.5 or 6 feet with my little Ranger. I guess we will all be testing our stacking abilities on Wed. instead of having dinner or whatever with the wives/GF's.
  3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Let it snow !!! It's about time that the Northeast sees some snow other than the lake effect kind.
  4. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Well Fella's it is snowing right now here in Indy.We are going to see 12" so I will take pictures and show you how high a Snoway 26 series will go.

5. good call on the camera! Around here, things should be settled down by wednesday morning or afternoon so valentines day is safe. At lest that's what I hear!
  6. MaineMike

MaineMike Member
    from Maine

Looking forward to the snow.
    The supermarket is going to be wicked crowded tomorrow.
  7. bdhunter

bdhunter Senior Member

Well, here we go. Central Maine weather people actually using the B....... word this time, and phrases like 'a significant winter event'.

Guess I'd better get the loader all WD-40'd up so that kid can stack it higher! ;-)

I'll be looking to snap a few pics if my piles are higher than 5 ft. The stack in this pic was a year ago in Phila PA, and that storm was about 17" and the snow was sloppy and wet so rolled right up pretty easily without having to drive up the stack.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  8. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

bdhunter- Love the pic on the avatar!! I have a 2 (almost 3) year old that loves to go plow and will for sure be out with me for a bit tonight.
  9. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

With alot of practice you can stack snow as high as you want. I have it stacked higher then the top of my Super Duty. You have to start the stack early and keep piling and driving up the pile.
  10. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

I agree Hydro...practice, practice, practice. That's what I teach my math students. OH wait you need snow to practice with:realmad: .

They changed the forecast in my neck of the woods: 12 - 24+ inches. Let's see, my mold board is 18" high on the ST-90:eek: . I better make multiple passes....

11. 1lowGMC

1lowGMC Member

I can get 6' piles with my little s-10, I'll try to get em' higher, but I don't know if that's gonna happen. And yes I'm bringing the camera!
  12. bdhunter

bdhunter Senior Member

Pretty cute eh? Have no idea where it came from, but it's been in my collection for years now. A real conversation stopper!

I keep looking at WalMart for a rig like that for future plowers to use, so far have come up empty. I've got a bunch of grandsons in PA that would love to have a loader like that.

Me, I'd just as soon have one of those mini Deere's or Kabota's, but budget won't allow. So the old '92 keeps on a-chuggin for now.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  13. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

My little one would never get off of it if he had one!!! Check the Northern Tools catalog , they had a pretty nice one for the kiddies. Had attachments that could go on it too. If you don't have the catalog it is on the web at NorthernTools.com.

I would love to have a loader of some sort too but like you the budget won't allow it for now. I am also a solo op so I relly have no need for one right now. Just got done doing 18 hours in my '01 Ranger and did just fine without one.
  14. bdhunter

bdhunter Senior Member

Got a few 6' stacks yesterday, but it seems the dry powder doesn't stack as high as when it's a little wet and sloppy.

But then there's always the danger of jumpin the moldboard into a stack and having to shovel it out. (Now why would anyone mention THAT!) heh heh gues y'all know why! Yup, first high stack - pegged it right in there.

So I will continue to follow the thread, guys - but have bowed out of the competition (unless another 4X4 is idling behind me with the tow strap ready)
  15. Brew

Brew Member

FYI: A few years back, I purchased a John Deere loader at Toys R Us for my son.
  16. snowman2025

snowman2025 Senior Member

hers how high a 32 series will go :)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  17. whoa. nice pics! I took a few today of some of my piles. I'll try to post them tomorrow.
  18. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

i'll go get some pics of my stacks tomorrow. Its suspose to rain snow again.:blush2: i swear i was stacking a pile with my 99 F250 that was at least 3 feet above my roof of my cab. I have the v blade.
  19. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

vw is right. with proper stacking technique it is possible to keep stacking. Hope you get snow and not the rain. All snow is forcast up here. payup payup
  20. here's one of my piles I made with my little ST80. It's not the most spectacular, but I was at the lot yesterday and had my camera so this is the plie I took a picture of. There is another pile at another lot that's a bit bigger, I'm pretty proud of that one!