1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How heigh can a western unimounts mount be off the ground??

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by daveolejnik, Feb 2, 2008.

1. daveolejnik

daveolejnik Junior Member

I have a 92 chevy 2500 with a western unimount on it. I want to put a 6" suspension lift and possibly a 2" body lift also. How far off the ground can the plow monut be without causing any problems? Right now it sits pritty high up. The torsion bars are tightened all the way up with a 4" lift in the back with 33" tires. I havnt had any problems but Im worried about when I install the lift. Does anyone have any info on this???

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

simplest and easiest way would be to have two trucks.

What do you need the lift for?

3. tgh117

tgh117 Junior Member

I am pretty sure the Western Manual for installation recommends 12" off the ground for optimum conditions. If you go too much higher then that it will change the angle in which the mold board contacts with the ground. You may have to make some extensions, depending on what your height is now. Good luck.

4. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

tall

9 1/2 to 10 inches need the a-frame flat as you can get it ,to get the correct attack angle on the edge .