1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How heavy of a plow can I use?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by green frog, Aug 23, 2007.

1. green frog

green frog Senior Member

I have a 2000 cherokee with HD lift kit, I also have air bags in the front springs. I have a western lsx plow wich works fine but looking to move upto a 7'6" instead of my 7'2". I know I would only gain 4 inches but I would gain mold board height as well. Just wondering what weight range I should look at?

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

you might get away with a lightwieght meyers 835 that they make for trucks under a certian gvw although i might stay with 6.5 or 7.2 its only a quater ton truck

3. SuperPlow Guy

SuperPlow Guy Inactive

SuperPlow?

You can get an 8ft. SuperPlow for thr Cherokee with a Class III hitch. Plow both directions and easy to mount. Just a suggestion. Then the front weight issue is gone.:D