1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How hard is it to put together a VXT on a dodge.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by dodge15004x45.9, Jul 9, 2011.

1. dodge15004x45.9

dodge15004x45.9 Senior Member
    from malvern

I'm getting a new plow for my 05 cummins 8.2 VXT. We are kicking around the idea of installing it our selves. We have some plow experience with install. How much time should be alloted toward install? I know this plow is gonna show up in crates. Anyone hit any snags while installing one on a cummins? I was looking at some instructions and it has me wanting the dealer to install it but I know me and my buds can handle it.

Helps and tips and welcomed.
    :mechanic:

2. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

The most time will probably be just routing the wire harness.......I wanted mine to look stock so I spent about 3 hours on it.

Get GOOD drill bits to drill into the frame. I chewed up one per side.

It isn't difficult at all for a Dodge.

If you building the plow from scratch as well, plan on a full day for the whole set up. If you get done sooner......all the better.

3. dodge15004x45.9

dodge15004x45.9 Senior Member
    from malvern

Yea I'm talking start to finish mount blade harness.

4. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

i had 9 hours (each) putting together and installing on a 1990 chevy and about the same on 2 fords (99-current) and an 03 dodge

5. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

Why only an 8'2" and not the 9'2"?

6. six4powerstroke

six4powerstroke Member
    from CHICAGO

any pics of the cummins with a blade on it?

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The bumper mounts on a diesel are a real female dog to remove. Other then that no big deal, figure a day for the mount/wiring and a day to assemble the blade. That is if you take the time to read the instructions and do a neat job of it.