1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how hard is it to install boss v on f250

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by gman2310, Nov 16, 2010.

1. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

Looking to install a 8.2 v on a 06 f250 v10. How hard is it to install plow.

2. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

If your handy with tools it should be easy. I did mine with a little help from a mechanic buddy. took us a couple hours. I've only installed Westerns but im sure it isn't that much different.

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

on an 04 F-250 it is a PITA....according to the dealer anyway....lol

4. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

ItLl be as hard as it is installing a straightblade or sport duty blade or anyother boss plow mount :D

5. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Doing the wiring and the mount shouldn't take you more than7-8 hours if its your first install.

I just did my second install and probably had 5-6 hours in it all said and done.

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

You can go to boss's website and they will tell you exactly how to do it. There is drilling involved.

7. Ultra Duty

Ultra Duty Member
    from NE OHIO

Not to hard if your handy with tools. There is some drilling, so make life easy on yourself and get a good set of step drill bits and it will work through the frame easy!

8. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

yea on the 99-07's the only thing i dont like about doing one is the 12 or so holes you have to drill. it can be a bit time consuming but its not bad.

9. greyst1

greyst1 Member
    from 44720

Its very easy, make sure you drill 12 holes not 10 like my idiot dealer told me. You'll have to remove the bumper, headlights, grill, headlight mount bracket, & push beam. I had about 15 hours in it but i did alot of custom mods too. Built a bracket for the relays & harness plug. Changed out the shock and springs then added air bags in the back. Wiring harness is really easy too. My dealer wanted $500 for this too, stealers......