1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How good r meyers plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawnboy2121, Sep 22, 2015.

1. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

Going to be buying a new plow for my truck and I was wondering on how good the meyers v plows r. I was looking at the new stainless one .they look a lot better then before

2. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

They ARE pretty nice, a few people around here run them and like them but not much support around here, at least not as much as fisher or boss.

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Meyer (no S) has come a long way. I would not hesitate to run one as long as a dealer was close by. You can always order parts but that does no good in a real pinch.

4. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

only thing that bothers me about the v blade is the center rubber wiper .
    in the meyer video you can see the the center is leaving a snow trail

5. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

The new ones look like they have steel edges like fisher in the center. I always run fisher but the guy who sells Meyer is near by ,I know him and he is open during snowstorms. The stainless look well built but just can't seem to pull the trigger and get one. Never liked the old ones they seemed to break often. It's between a fisher xv2 stainless or a Meyer super v stainless

6. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

Meyer has 5 year warranty if dealer is close and open I would pull trigger. I added 1 last year no complaints.