1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How good are the Pro Wings?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BigSnow, Dec 29, 2004.

1. BigSnow

BigSnow Junior Member
    from canada

Howdy folks. I have a 9 ft meyer steel plow on my superduty. I am thinking of pro wings....I know that will extend me out pretty far but I'm forced through my frustration to find ways to be even a little bit more effiscient in my plowing.
    I know that they won't solve all the issues but they will increase the available surface area of the push. The question is does anybody have any experience in using pro-wings. Are they easy to use and what are the benifets....in your opinion..thanks alot Matt :blush2:
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Threw a set of wings on a truck with and 8 foot western on it, almost cut time in half on some lots with a 2-3 inch snowfall. Didnt like them much when had to do a lot of backblading, the rubber cutting edge lifted the blade a little.
  3. grotecguy

grotecguy Senior Member

Do a search...

There is a bunch of reading to do on Pro Wings.

I have a set and I wouldn't be without them,

Mark K
  4. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Pro-Wings are great!!! Have one plow without wings and after this last storm(14"), we ordered a set for it also....
  5. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Have them on my 8ft fisher.They seem to work well,save about 20% on your plow time,u lose some time when your cleaning by the curbs because your going a little slower as to not ripe them of the plow but all in all i would say they were worth the $200
  6. EJK2352

EJK2352 Senior Member

I have a set on my 7.5 Meyers plow. I wouldn't be without them as they save at least 25% on plowing time. I replaced the rubber edges with urethane last year, and they scrape real nice.

vivatar 043.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2004