1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How fast should the hydraulics be

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by 1fast432, Dec 12, 2009.

1. 1fast432

1fast432 Member

Just got my first plow and the hyds seem really fast. Tech said to turn the screw in front of pump in to slow it down but that only slowed the down motion.Now it kind of drifts down not very fast. Where does everyone like there plows set at? JB
  2. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

thats the only adjustment...

i suspect your just not fast enough to keep up.....practice keeping up with it...LOL
  3. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Wow.. Do you know how hard I worked to make it that fast!?:eek:

That's OK. I had a guy tell me the lights were too bright the other day.

Diss is right. The only adjustment is the drop speed. If you REALLY hate the angle speed you could go to a hydraulic shop and get some flow control valves. Probably not that expensive, but I bet you'll get used to it.
  4. 1fast432

1fast432 Member

Sorry Scott, was probably a dumb ?. Just wasn't expecting it to be that fast. THANKS JB
  5. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

Not to hi-jack but is this the same adjustment for the VX85? It drops very slow in comaprison but lift and angle is quick. Anything I should be careful about before I make any adjustment or is this personal preference?
  6. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

its shipped slow for safety. you can drop it like a rock if you want...
  7. V-Dogg

V-Dogg Junior Member

I love how fast it is!!Blows my last 2 Boss's out of the water.
  8. Nelsen

Nelsen Member

Yeah, I was gonna say.....one of the fastest out there, if not THE fastest. And I love it. Love the quick response times, love the fast angling. Man, Time is money, that's the way I look at it.
  9. Dozer711

Dozer711 Junior Member

My MD75 is also very fast, the only thing I'm not sure of is when I angle left it is very smooth wherever I stop. When I angle right it is very jerky when I stop.