1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How fast do you have your blade set to lower?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mdd, Nov 15, 2005.

1. mdd

mdd Member

mine will chip concrete as it is from the install... i think im gonna turn it down a bit?
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I have mine set so when it's drooped from the fully raised position it will hit the ground hard enough to shake the snow off.

It sounds like you should slow yours down a little.:nod:
  3. mdd

mdd Member

anyone have an idea on how to do that?
  4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

First remove the cover for the pump and valves.
    2nd, there will be one hose at the valve body that will have a small nob on it, this is the flow control,(it will look very diff from all of the other valves) it controls the rate for the lower/ float, adj clockwise to slow, counter to speed up.
  5. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

my boss is alittle different. you use an allen wrench and a wrench to set the speed. on the back of the tower to the right side there should be a nut with a allen wrench in the center. you loosen the bolt up, and turn the allen. not sure wich way to turn it though. when you have set how fast you want it to drop you tighten the nut up while keeping the allen wrench still on. i hope that wasnt to confusing. :)
  6. RadHog

RadHog Junior Member

they installed mine with a FREE fall drop...SLAM!!! No good..... On the newer ones like the previsous post stated.... allen and a wrench and turn counterclock wise and it will slow her down.... down go too much though!
  7. Bldrs83

Bldrs83 Member

If you set it to drop nice and easy in scoop, you'll be wait half a cigarette for it to drop in vee because all of the weight is to the rear of the blade. I just set mine by trial and errror but definately doesn't slam down. A guy I plow with has his set so loose it bounces when he drops it! I guess I prefer to keep my cup in the cup holder and the C.D. player from skipping.
  8. mr.plow 2

mr.plow 2 Member

i have got mine set all the way down and it don't do bad it hit's the ground hard if it is in scoop but in v it is not that bad:nod: