1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How Fast Can You (un)Hook Your Plow???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MIAWPUKEK, Feb 25, 2005.

1. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

Alright people, got a little challenge for you.... Next time you put your plow on your vehicle and/or take it off, time yourself, and post your times and plow-model here. Drive your vehicle into your plow, and start the clock! Once your plow is completely hooked up or you can now back your truck away from your plow, stop the clock!

Hook Up: 20 seconds
    Unhook: 9 seconds
    Western Pro Plow with Ultramount

WARNING: This Challenge Is For People With Too Much Free Time!!!

2. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

12 Hookup
    6 Unhook

Boss Smarthitch II 8' SD

3. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

50 hook up
    30 un hook
    pretty good for a 1985 chevy with a 7.5 ft fisher (no minute mount)

utility truck.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

4. cumminswithplow

cumminswithplow Senior Member

before or after the 12 pack?

5. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Never timed it but definitly less than a minute! (2 Fisher MMs)

6. Tommy10plows

Tommy10plows Senior Member

plow hook up time

two minutes, Myers st-78 on a jeep,, st 90, 5 minutes on a jeep pickup,
    three to 4 on Western 6'6" on Jeep CJ,

All have monarch belt driven lifts, snap fittings on hyrdro turn lines, attached to a bracket welded to the truck lifts.

And my lift frames stay on all year. Tough and simple.

7. bobcatnj

bobcatnj Member
    from NJ

8 seconds meyer ez mount xpress

8. danno

danno Senior Member

2 Minutes on..........
    3Minutes off !..........D*M MM 1 ! Can`t get the adjustable foot at the right height! :mad:

9. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

I put my plows on in December and take them off in March
    Total for year with ultra mount

40 seconds on
    20 second off

Post your yearly total :dizzy:

10. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

Don't really know. I am never in that much of a hurry. Usually check everything all over whenever I take off the plow so probably a few minutes.

11. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Um, Danno, just drop the foot first- before doing anything else, the closest hole it latches in- either at ground or you may have to lift the foot an inch to get it to latch- is the correct hole. you should have to push the lift frame back toward the truck in order to get the pins out and to get them in when attaching. I put a block of wood under the cutting edge and the foot to keep the plow from sinking in the ground when it thaws or through any ice that I am on.
    Takes me about 1 minute to attach and about 20 secs-40secs to remove.
    Old speedcast only takes a minute to attach or remove too.

12. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

45 seconds to hitch up,30 seconds to unhitch. Snoway hdt 9' THE POWER PLOW!

13. danno

danno Senior Member

JUSTME, I do put 2 2x4 pieces under the blade and also under the foot. And I do let the foot drop first, but it doesn`t line up for the nearest hole. It`s a pain to try to "push" the head gear and try to pull the pins out at the same time. The pins are in tight from not having the frame at the right height.
    What I did for a "quick fix" was cut a 2x4 to fit a little longer than the distance from the top of the blade, to the front of the triangle piece. I push on the head gear and wedge the wood in there, just enough to take the pressure off the pins. Then they pull out easier. Anything I`m doing wrong ? :confused:

14. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

You guys are spoiled... Seconds??? I deal in minutes with my old school set-up. Probably about 1 minute to unhook the hoses, put a block under the a-frame and knock out the pins. Hook-up is probably about 3 minutes once I get it all lined up, get the pins and clips in, hook up the hoses and then put the block away.

15. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

danno: Go to the Fisher website and download the installation instructions for your plow and truck. It will tell you how to set the proper height you need.

I left my plow on gravel and it sunk in so deep I had to jack it up to line it up. It was a b***h because it was cold! I leave it on a hard flat surface now!

16. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Ahh, spoiled. I remember life before cell phones and VCRs. I can spoil myself now with a MM plow! I do miss the look of the headgear remaining on the truck in July!

17. danno

danno Senior Member

SIPLOWGUY, I`ve done that. I know how to release the jack, and "push down" on the release lever to release the tension on the pins. But pushing down on the lever does not help. Practically bending the release lever down with no luck. Stll too much tension on pins.

18. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

Ok, you got me to read the whole string. Guess I'm bored.

I've never owned a quick mount and I currently have a 10' Frink that I can hook up or remove in 2 to 3 minutes. It's got a push beam setup that clamps to a piece of round stock on the plow turntable. Beats hell out of pins.

19. ljrce

ljrce Senior Member

i got a good laugh for ya i can have mine on right when i get in the truck it never goes off the truck

20. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

take 2 minutes for me with a meyers ez mount