1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How far will they go?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dumbyankee, Oct 20, 2010.

1. dumbyankee

dumbyankee Member

USM called today. Wanted to know if I was available to do a drug store parking lot. Now in this wee little state of New Hampshire one would think getting a lot like this, people would be jumping at the chance. NOT. Seems they had to reach far to call me. I'm 30 miles from the lot. After talking with this person from USM, the next person on their call list was 45 miles. I can think just off the top of my head, 4 outfits that could handle the job and do it well. But did I give them the info on these companies? That would be a negative. Seems their reach is far and wide. Feel safe and secure now? Any comments from the gallery.

2. snowcookie

snowcookie Junior Member

Good move! The middle-man is destroying America. USM is owned by Transfield Services North America, an Australian corporation.

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

no one close was dumb enough to plow for them