1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How far is too far to a dealer?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hillbillydeluxe, May 23, 2008.

1. hillbillydeluxe

hillbillydeluxe Senior Member

I have a dealer 13 minutes away that carrries Western(Surburbanite), Meyer, Fisher(Homesteader). Been around a loooong time, they are very big.

The Sno way dealer is 35 minutes from me. (in good weather)

I prefer the Sno way, but I've read that a close dealer is very important.

How far do you drive to the dealer?

Thanks,
    David

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

How are they located in your schedule?

3. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

I have read on another site that that people may travel a thousand miles for a plow . It is not the distance its the service. I know where my next plow will be from.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Depends on whether your referring to purchasing a plow from them and after the sale support...or simply using them for service and replacement parts for a used plow you purchased.

5. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

when your plow is bsted and your dealer is a thousand miles away you could be in trouble........35 mins is doable tho

6. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

quick

ditto with icyman the quicker you can get to them the better if you have time for some face time in the windshield ok but if you are like me and a lot of others they dont break down until the most inopportune times and you are in a panic to get the job done ,because most customer's cant understand .:cry:

7. hillbillydeluxe

hillbillydeluxe Senior Member

Depends on whether your referring to purchasing a plow from them and after the sale support...or simply using them for service and replacement parts for a used plow you purchased.
    .......This is a new plow purchase,

How are they located in your schedule?
    ..................still 35 min away

........35 mins is doable tho
    .................I was hoping to hear that.

Thanks,
    David

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Then 35 minutes (or an hour in inclimate weather) would be well worth your time if your buying the product and service that you have the most confidence in.

9. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

You shoul be carrying most of the "breakable" parts with you or have them on hand anyway. I agree with the reston drive time tho.

10. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

we use 4 dealers fisher,diamond,western,boss

fisher dealer- 25 min away
    diamond- 3/4 of a mile
    western- 30 min
    boss- 15 min

we use mainly fisher plows. but the dealer we by plows from has been the same dealer the company has been buying from for the last 35 years. they actually will come to our shop to do plow repairs b/c we have been doing business for so long with them. and until we find a plow better than a fisher it will be that way (JMO) not trying to start a debate.

so id have to say withing a half hr or so is good. any farther and its not really worth it unless most of your accounts are close to them