1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How far is Fisher behind when trucks are redesigned?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by taken, May 4, 2016.

1. taken

taken Member

So, I was considering pulling the trigger on a new 17 SD. The order banks opened on the 15th of April and building starts July 11th getting the first trucks to dealer lots in August. Anyways, when a truck manufacturer does a complete redesign like Ford is doing for 17, how long after does Fisher have truckside gear designed to fit? I don't want to be without a plow this coming winter if there is a gap. Anyone with experience on this?
  2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Good question.

Since 1999, they only had three frame changes. I bought my 99 early in 98, bought my 05 early in 04, bought my 08 early and Western had frames ready. Bought my 11 in April of 10, at first Western told me I needed a new mount cause of the 6.7 ( they had one ready) but the old one worked after loosening and slipping behind a cooler. I've only owned 13 new superdutys since 99 and never worried about it.

Major aftermarket suppliers such as Western often get new models prior to release. It helps both markets.

I would order, hell I'm thinking of the new 17's also.
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
  3. taken

taken Member

Thanks for the thoughts. I'm was thinking that upfitters must get access to the new products before the public for just the reason you stated. Glad to hear it's that way. I just wish I could get one sooner than August. I use my truck a lot for RVing and hat having it come in after all my big trips are done for the year. Ah well, maybe I just have to schedule another trip to break her in...LOL. The 450's look absolutely amazing to me...

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Yes, yes they do.

Unfortunately I may give up the super duty line, thinking about a raptor.
  5. taken

taken Member

Nothing wrong with a Raptor! I just need something to tow my 21k RV. wesport
  6. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Ya know they have a Shelby edition too. Lol