1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how does this $$$$ sound

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Brian's Lawn, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Brian's Lawn

Brian's Lawn Senior Member

a friend of mine has an offer that if he takes his truck and his plow and goes to a town about 45 min. away the contractor will pay him $50 an hour from the time he steps out his door until the time he walks back in. its money the next day BUT the guy also mails a tax form. does this sound like a good price to you??? or is it to cheap? he figures that if he could get some residential drives and charge $25-$30 a plowing and he could do like 3 an hour. tell me what you all think

Thanks
    -Brian-

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

That's up to your friend. Are you going to be involved in this?

3. emayer23

emayer23 Senior Member

he'll make $75 just to travel the hour and a half round trip sounds good to me

4. emayer23

emayer23 Senior Member

but mick said it first nothing to do with you

5. Brian's Lawn

Brian's Lawn Senior Member

no it doesnt involve me at all. if it was me i would be jumping on that deal. lol. i think it sounds good but i was just wondering what everybody else thought.

6. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like a good deal. But make sure you put 10 or so $ away for the taxs. Put it in the bank and make some money off it it while it sits there.