1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How does this all look?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Shortandfat, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Shortandfat

Shortandfat Junior Member

Here is the propertyhttp://maps.google.com/maps?q=700+knox+road+wayne+pa&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=700+Knox+Rd,+Wayne,+PA+19087&gl=us&ei=6-HiTLOoJYGClAfZu6DEAw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBQQ8gEwAA
    It is the common drive that eventually leads into the bottom house's driveway. But i am also plowing the 2 driveways off the the common drive so the customer wanted. 4 different quotes here they are.

Common drive about 180ft long and 2 car widths wide(in the pic goes from street to the other drives that branch off)
    35 first push/ there after 20

Drive to the right and Drive to the left each
    45 first push/ there after 30

Bottom drive (blocked by trees in the picture a little but follows the path down to the bottom)
    70 first push/ 45 there after

i know obviously depending on the area everyone is in prices will change but just trying to get an idea if i was way low or way high.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  2. Sabsan84

Sabsan84 Senior Member

Seems fine to me, but then again, it all depends on what the home owner wants to pay and if you are both agreeable on a number. For example, the going rate could be 100 a push, but he will pay 150, great, why not do it, right? But what if the going rate is 100 and he only wants to pay 45?? what do u do? So, its totally up to your bargaining and sales skills, good luck!
    .....By the way, it seems to me, that by only one of the homeowners shopping for a snow service seems fishy to me, somehow it doesnt sit well, I would want to talk to all of them, just my two cents...be careful on this one
  3. Shortandfat

Thanks, and i may have made it seem like he is shopping we work for him doing landscaping and other jobs. And we did some small snow removal for him at the end of last season. So he just wants us to do all the plowing as well.
  4. paradise1229

paradise1229 Senior Member

If the 1 homeowner seems to be "fishy" I immediately run away. Hard lesson learned not doing so.
  5. M&M

M&M Senior Member

I have a couple of "triple drives" like that. I look at it from the perspective of it being a good profitable job but price them slightly lower than normal because you are earning a lot of revenue in a short time frame. Also, one guy one year wanted his kid to shovel his private section. I still charged him for the common section. I think half. Can't remember.
  6. Shortandfat

Thanks for the advice.

I also think i misrepresented the guy im working for here. Hes a customer of mine that i have done other work for and he is basically the representative of the whole set of drives ( common, 2 neighborers and his own). So i know him pretty well as a customer, im not worried about that, was just trying to get a sense of my pricing and what you all would charge or if you do anything special for these divided drives.