1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How does the control harness effect headlights

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by MightyPigpen, Feb 27, 2013.

1. MightyPigpen

MightyPigpen Junior Member

How does the control harness effect the headlights on a 4 port isolation module? I changed this and now one headlight doesn't work? Could the solenoid be hooked up wrong?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You might have a connector off or plunged in backwards. Solenoid only effects plow not anything else

3. MightyPigpen

MightyPigpen Junior Member

Thanks for responding, I think I have it narrowed down to the isolation module. When I had the straight blade Poly Pro my isolation module was PN# 26400 and the headlights are working now with the isolation module 27781. It doesn't make sense to me, how the hec does the isolation module know what control harness is hooked up, and when I switch them back and forth without hooking up the #1 port I get the same result. Thanks again for responding, if anyone else can explain I sure would appreciate it.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well different pwr in and out is how it senses it. Did you ck Westerns website yet?? Try the quickmatch and then the wiring diags they got