1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how does something like this even happen

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowplower1, Jan 31, 2015.

1. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

so I go to my last place today and someone comes up to me asking what im doing here plowing and i said well this is my contract and he goes well im getting paid to do this property, have you gotten paid? i said yeah just the other day so we realize they double contracted it. He goes well have fun im not doing anything here anymore. He is getting paid by one nsp and im getting paid by another so somehow they gave the contract to 2 different companies.

how does a company give 2 different companies there contract, wouldnt you think theyd notice theyre paying twice for plowing

2. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

So you or he never noticed the lot plowed when you showed up.

3. MK97

MK97 PlowSite.com Addict

I have one account that is part of a shopping center. This is the second year the hired help for whoever has the lot thinks my account is part of it. In their defense they do a great job, so I usually cruise by to make sure my unhired help got it squared away. :laughing:

4. snowplower1

oh i noticed someone had plowed it but i thought because it was in a plaza, the people who do the plaza did it so i told my guys if you see them, let them know we do it and they did tell them but they kept doing it so my guys still had to go there because it was done with a loader and not done very well and sidewalks always looked half done. i am honestly happy i finally ran into someone who is in charge there because now they'll stop doing it but i just cant believe a store would actually pay two different people

5. NickSnow&Mow

NickSnow&Mow Senior Member

This happens to a previous customer of mine when the old guy told me what happens..... I dumped them.

6. snowplower1

heck im not dumping them i mean if someone wants to do 90% of my job and let me do the other 10 % but get paid 100% im fine with it. MK97, see at first my dad said don't bother telling them but once we realized that it isnt done well we at least started fixing it up.

7. MK97

MK97 PlowSite.com Addict

These guys doing it do a good job, so I just check on it to make sure it's done. Since it's part of a large shopping center it's a high priority area.

I considered sending them a thank you card for last year, but decided to see if it would repeat this year...and it has. Thumbs Up

8. snowplower1

Hahaha that is great. Maybe just send them a Christmas card next year! They'll never understand haha. But i wouldn't feel bad actually in your case because I'm betting they bid in the lot including that account

9. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

Stupid NSP's. They do nothing good for the industry.

10. snowplower1

i agree. I hate working for them but in this case we said because they gave us a ridiculous price we'd do it and its only 2 stores so we cant really get screwed if anything happens. hopefully i can have enough work to get rid of them next year. i considered telling them but then i thought to myself, then they'll use it as a reason not to pay us somehow

11. MK97

MK97 PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah I don't feel bad at all since you should really peg down the scope of work and not assume what's included.

I know it happens on car forums where manufactures monitor them, to gauge interest in features, issues, etc. I always wondered if any of the NSP's monitor this site just to see who's complaining about them or anything.

12. snowplower1

yeah that is bad management not to see what your property lines are.

i doubt nsp's do it, they dont care enough