1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How does scrape lock work?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by CJPlow, Dec 2, 2007.

1. CJPlow

CJPlow Member

Im having a problem with the whole "scrape-lock" feature on my suburbanite. How does it work cause exactly cause it doesnt seem to work on mine.
  2. 1978K20

1978K20 Junior Member

What is "scrape lock" ?
  3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I've never heard of it. Maybe its something special just to the suburbanite plows.
  4. CJPlow

CJPlow Member

It is something only for the suburbanite plows... supposedly it is to hydraulically lock the blade down so you can propery backdrag on the lighter plows kinda like the snow-way. Id ask the place by me that i bought it from but im really getting tired of the run-around and the stupid blank stares. hopefully someone on here can help.
  5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that the scrape lock feature is achieved with a vacuum check cylinder. This is to achieve some downward force for back-dragging. When it looses the vacuum due to a change in ground contour it will release itself. To re-establish it the blade needs to be lifted than lowered to reset itself.
  6. CJPlow

CJPlow Member

how can that be fixed? My buddy and i tried it sitting in the driveway and he could lift up the plow by hand?
  7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  8. CJPlow

CJPlow Member

The only problem is the instructions say it is "pre-set" at the factory. A few other people have complianed as well.
    It would be really cool if western would email me back or the place i bought it from could help other than saying contact western. Even better yet why doesnt western have a rep checking out these forums to see how many people are complaining about their product and actually have a response for them. I have noticed sno-way has a rep that was very helpful or here. I guess im just venting now so ill shut up LOL!!