1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How does my bid sound

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by bristolturf, Oct 12, 2009.

1. bristolturf

bristolturf Senior Member

First year really doing commercial work and I have all the needed equipment for this job, but would just like to check with what some others think. Back ground info on the job. Located South of Milwaukee near the IL border in Kenosha County. Its a hoa bid for plowing roads and cul-de-sacs. There is .3 lane miles so the over all total is .6 miles. At the end of each road there are two cul-de-sacs that are roughly 10k sqft. Roads are 25 feet wide with a 40' wide entrance running about 500' on each side. Currently the town plows it, but the HOA is unhappy because they have to pay the town taxes and a charge for plowing so they are looking to bid it out. Trigger is on 2" and then is maintained every 2-4" following. I am thinking about bidding $400 per plow and then $110 per salting. What do you think? To high to low good? There is no walks or drives just strictly roads. Thanks

2. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

Due to the upcoming plow season we are experiencing unusually large bid help request volume, please stand by for the next available operator...:waving:

3. bristolturf

bristolturf Senior Member

haha nice.

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Plowing sounds about right, although salting seems low. Usually salt is almost or as much as per push price. I mean, not always the case, but half wouldn't be out of line.

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Skip the pricing, how LONG is it going to take you to plow it?

You're selling time, not lane miles.

You are never going to get a bid at that rate. We can't even be talking an hours worth of work here.

$400 an hour?

Good luck