1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How does it do it

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by bobcat s-160, Mar 12, 2007.

1. bobcat s-160

bobcat s-160 Senior Member
    from MI

Did anyone go to Johndeere.com/digdeeper? then go to product archive then skid steer then heavyweight champion. How does the john deere lift that and know one else can? Do you think that is rigged some how? But how?

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Why are 99.9% of your posts about skid steers?

Try to expand your horizons a little, talk about something else for once.

3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Are we getting that elite here Mark? As you, I have been a member here for a long time and I have seen a lot of stuff, much which can't even be discussed on here. I was unaware that we had specifics on amounts of posts on topics.

They guy wants to post about skids. Got something to offer? If not then leave it be. I like you, most of the time I agree with your thoughts, but why fire something out just to piss someone off? Kind of like the Toyota thread. It went from a thread about a new truck, which still asn't come out, to a debate over Foreign and American and then broke down to bashing because of thickheadiness.

4. bobcat s-160

from MI

I don't know. I was just looking around and found that website, and was wondering what everyone thought about it.

5. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Hey I get the JD mag that has that in it. The JD loader from my experience are very heavy in weight for the weight class that they put them in. For example the JD 240 is in 1500# class and when we scaled mine on a certified scale it weighed 7340#. On same scale Bobcat S185 which is in 1800# class weighed 5860#. The 240 will lift a lot more them the 185 because extra weight. We also tested CT322 and T190. CT322 weighed 10620# and T190 weighed 8560#. My sales guy weighed the CT332 and he said it was close to 12000#. He also said that it was something to just tow around with a pickup every day and that it put his Cummings dulley through one heck of a workout. You got to love those big track loaders/small dozer's:drinkup:

6. BOSS550

BOSS550 Senior Member

I think the weight class you are talking about is lift capacity not machine weight. The loaders alone weigh more than the weight class they put the machine in.

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Guess so. Started off with 22 posts in one night, all stating Bobcats are the best, everything else is junk. Dug up posts from years ago. Ever since then, just about every post is about SS's.

A few years back there was a member that had an answer for every question, the answer was "Get a Blizzard". What kind of truck should I buy? "Get a Blizzard". What kind of tires should I get? "Buy a Blizzard". BTW, he was banned several times before he got the point.

I was hoping that I might encourage our new member to branch out into different subjects and expand his horizons, but hey if you want to have someone with a 1 track mind, go ahead. Because that is what this is all about, learning something new from somebody, not Buy a Bobcat, New Hollands are junk, blah, blah, blah. Pretty boring site if each one of us discussed only 1 topic, wouldn't it? JMO

8. bobcat s-160

from MI

Have you ever run a bobcat? What did you think of it, if you did run one. New hollands are ok i just hear alot of bad things about them. I hear alot about their motors, if they would improve there motors New Holland would be a heck of a skidder

9. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Ya I know I probably didnt word that very well but what i ment was for example was S150 and JD 240 are in same lifting class but deere weighs a whole lot more and will lift more. T300 and CT332 shouldnt be compared together the 332 weighs a whole lot more Bobcat will probably come out with something bigger or about the same size. Dont they have a S330 out now? :drinkup:

10. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I remember him well.

I also remember a similiar member who said the samet hing about urethane edges.