1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how does a MM plow work???

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 95k1500, Oct 2, 2008.

1. 95k1500

95k1500 Junior Member

dont know to much about the newer plows,I have a old speedcaster.I know on mm plows the pump is on the plow.is there anything under the hood like the older set ups.what controlls the pump on the plow.IE how does it raise and lower and side to side??is it just the controller in the truck then it connects to the pump on the plow?

2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

3. 95k1500

95k1500 Junior Member

is that the way all MM plows are?cause on ebay I see belt drives for MM 1 and 2 plows.I was to go all electric.what plow should I invest in?I have a 95 dodge ram 4x4 5.2 stick shift.could I keep my 7.5 conv. blade and put it on a mm frame?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can run any of the MM's (or any brand plow for that matter) with under-hood hydro's. No different than running one on a truck equipped with central hydro's. Just need a few quick couplers between the truck and plow.

5. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

reallly???? even the old under the hood will inter change?? so truck side plow mount is the same......................makes me wish i didnt get rid of my old 85 chevy set up:cry: