1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do you.....

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Idealtim, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

For every one that uses a v-box sander, how do you take it in and out of the bed of your truck. And after it's out, how do you store it? I am looking at a sander right now and since I don't have a official shop yet, I think my way would involve a heavy tree limb, a chainfall, and a few stacks of pallets? What is your method? Does an engine crane have enough reach?

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

3. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

You use what ever is handy that will work for you. I made a wood frame, back under and use ratchet straps to lift the vbox off.

4. K&N Snow

K&N Snow Member

lift

I made a hoist that looks like a big engine hoist it has a hand pump to lift it works really well all you have to do is back up to it and lift removal and install in donr in 10 min I can send you pics of it if you need wesport

5. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

we use our telehandler, skidsteer, or our shop forklift to get it off the bed in the spring. i have a set of saw horses to set them on(wood for the little guy and steel for the big one). if you don't have motorized equiptment to unload with, i'd probably call a buddy with a loader or a skidsteer. if you don't have any buddies i'd call a tow truck and have tem lift it off.

6. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

At work we have a 10' stainless saltdog, we lift it off the truck with a winch mounted to an i-beam in the shed and then rest it on steel saw horses.

7. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

old swings set and 55 gal drums

john

8. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

If you are not the fabricator able to make one.
    Gantry

Just add the hoist of your choice to lift it.

9. Dragonscapes

Dragonscapes Junior Member

have a bench in the garage same it's about 2/3 of an inch higher then the truck in the summer it stores the salter in the winter it stores the spray tank but to get it out of the truck. to get it in and out we use 2 140pd people(me and my bro)we just push it in and out real easy like takes about 30 min to put in.