1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do you Veterens of Plowing Break Down Charges/Costs

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by ihscoutlover, Nov 28, 2014.

1. ihscoutlover

ihscoutlover Junior Member

Ok I have been reading several threads on here, taking links to various other locations to seek knowledge about this business. My moms cousins did it for close to 20 years and he told me yesterday over Thanksgiving turkey that when he started out, they charged $50 for a lot and when he got out of the business, he was charging $700 for the same lot. It seems from some of the threads I've read, that some of this is a dart board game, that you have to guess. I'm for knowledge, I want to learn what works what doesn't, and how some of you veterans have been pricing this stuff. Some of it gives me a headache cause I guess I don't quite understand how the pricing works. I'm trying to figure how to charge as a sub, and how much a 3/4 or 1 ton truck with plow should charge per hour. This way when it comes time to go out in my own I have some better idea as to what I should charge to cover me, and make myself profitable. Advice?? I am wanting the know how to do this the right way, not underbid vs doing the best job I can. Jeff

2. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

I pay subs $50 a hour for a 3/4 Truck with 7.5'-8' ft plow..

Thats what i made 15 years ago when i started as a sub.. Ran 3 Trucks for $150 a hour...

Salt is what has got crazy over the years, stay away from bags or plow only