1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do you store your blade?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by noobie269, Dec 13, 2014.

1. noobie269

noobie269 Junior Member

Just like the title says, how do you store your blade for easy detach and easy hook up? I keep finding myself always having to fight and is a pain in the @ss. I currently drop my blade on 2 cinder blocks and put a smaller rock on the A frame.

2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

cutting edge on the driveway, and a 12 inch block under the a frame. the mount is at 12 inches, so i just drive into it, slap the pins in, hook the chain up and lift it. put the block in the back of the truck and off i go.

3. noobie269

noobie269 Junior Member

Hmm sounds like what ide like. Can you post a pic? Guess i need to find something thats 12 inches..

4. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

actually i do not have it set up yet. we will not be getting plowable snow here for a while. i do not set up until a day or two before , then it stays ready for the rest of the season.
    all the rest of the trucks stay hooked up year round because they are plow only rigs now. .

5. noobie269

noobie269 Junior Member

Ahh gotchya. Yeah we won't have any real snow for another 2 weeks or so but I'm trying to get enough practice at hooking up so it doesn't take as long and I don't have to fight with it so much. First plow I've owned.

6. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

lift plow up using pump to get pins in place .I can put a meyer old school plow on in 60 or so seconds on a bad day .thats how I got my nick name, racer

7. Doug8949

Doug8949 Member

put it in the vee position put on the cement un hook and back out then just drive back in works great.

8. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Scoop and heated garage protected by German shepards.......and they like to chew on the wires,.....newfies like pissing on the wings, mount, feet, anywhere on it if I leave it in driveway

9. Pit Crew

Pit Crew Senior Member

I always make a dolly for my plows, kept just inside door of garage. Pull up to door, roll plow to truck and attach. Make the dolly at height needed.

10. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

on 3 wood dollies from harbor freight