1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do you run plowing estimates!!

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by hometownlawncare, Sep 7, 2003.

1. hometownlawncare

hometownlawncare Junior Member

how do u give customers prices (estimates) for plowing, and snowblowing walkways/drivways, i have no idea what im doin with plowing and im just starting this year, so if anybody could fill me in on the essentials of this part of the industie, thank you in advance!!!
  2. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

This is not a good sign. If you have no clue of the business, then why start up in it? I'd recommend you subcontract to someone for a season or two to learn the business, then consider branching out on your own.

Take a look through our archives, there's worlds of information here, or try the "Search" function at the top of the page.

Welcome to Plowsite!:drinkup:
  3. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

If you're going to concentrate on residentials, talk to some other plowers in your area. You can only charge what your market area will bear. Around here its $25.00-$35.00 for an average sized drive. This often includes some sidewalk work too.

Use that search function along with the FAQ section as Pelican recomended. There is a world of information here.

Good luck and welcome to plowsite.
    Mark K
  4. wyldman

wyldman Member

The guys have pretty much covered your questions well,use the search and FAQ page.So look around and enjoy,and welcome to Plowsite :waving:
  5. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

Welcome to Plowsite :waving: Just hit the search button at the top of the screen or go to the FAQ page and that will help you out
  6. hometownlawncare

hometownlawncare Junior Member

i couldnt find anything in your search to help me, ive done plowing before, just not commercially, just for family and stuff. Im just intrested in how u deliver a price to a customer, how do u judge and create a price, and how do u charge them, per storm? ect....
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2003
  7. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine