1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do you replace a side rear view mirror?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DTM65, Jul 30, 2000.

1. DTM65

DTM65 Junior Member

I have a 98 Chevy Tahoe. Same outside rear view mirror as most chevy trucks of that age.<p>Busted my passenger side mirror out this weekend cause some ******* set their mailbox sticking out in the road.<p>Does anyone know how to replace the mirror. The housing is fine and the adjusting motors still work...the mirrors just busted.<p>Thanks in advance!<br><p>----------<br>D. Tom<br>

2. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

No way it could have been the &quot;*******&quot; driving too close to the shoulder, eh? Seems like it is the responsibilty of the driver to avoid fixed obstacles.

3. DTM65

DTM65 Junior Member

You feel better now Alan?<p>I'm asking for advice on a mirror replacement and you see it fit to call me an &quot;*******&quot;, having no idea of the circumstances, mailbox placement or any other conditions.<p>Do you have anything constructive to add to the forum?<p><p>----------<br>D. Tom<p><font size="1">Edited by: DTM65