1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do you rebuild a Smartlock cylinder?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Deere John, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Deere John

Deere John Senior Member

1999 RT3 8'2" Vee
    Smarthitch with Smartlock wing cylinders

The right wing will hardly move outward on hydraulic power. I suspect the Smartlock cylinder, since I swapped the two blade-cylinder hoses at the manifold, and the problem remained in the right wing. Threrefore, the manifold is OK. It still lifts and the left wing operates OK too - it is not an oil or electrical problem.

Does anyone know how to do major surgery on a Smartlock? I know there is a key valve in there that is probably the root of my present problem. It is in winter #7, without any problems before, so I am due for a rebuild probably anyway. No complaints here about that.

There is a foot of new snow on the ground now, and we are using it with the wing pretty much permanently in the scoop position. Your thoughts are needed.