1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do you program your Whelen Justice Light Bar?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by MattyK, May 29, 2009.

1. MattyK

MattyK Senior Member
    from Boston

The towing company I just started with has 3 new Whelen Justice Light bars and a couple whelen edge's. Are they only programmable with a flasher module/switch or can you use the magnetic keychain that smaller whelen's have. I've got the keychain from my other job. If they do utilize the keychain, where is the sensor?

2. Mike - Tac 2

Mike - Tac 2 Member

Whelen products do not utilize magnet pattern change switches. You would need to use the pattern change switch or lead respectively. Glad someone is buying Mini-Justices, I have 4 in stock that won't move. :confused:

3. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

the justice bars have to be programmed with the scan lock wire and a momentary switch. or you can just touch it to the power wire. there is no magnetic sensor on the bars

4. chuckraduenz

chuckraduenz Senior Member

all the recent whelen products have a white/w-purple stripe. touch to power only for a sec or so. if it dont have that wire you will need thats if it is a low power bar. low power bars are controlled via about 16 or so light gauge wires. those need to go to a switch. if the bar has only a main power cable with a smaller gray/blue wires it needs a b-link program to change the patterns. and a mpco1 or a mpco2