1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do you plow this driveway?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by riverwalkland, Mar 10, 2008.

1. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

No, I have not been asked to, but I saw this at a local landscapers website... I would NOT want to plow this driveway...

[​IMG]

2. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

You do not plow it till at least 4 inches, and then you leave 2 inches on top of the grass strip. Just like a gravel drive.

3. jimaug87

jimaug87 Senior Member

Unless they want to pay for a 2" trigger and some reworking in the spring time ;)

4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

That looks like a job for Super Plowers :salute:

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Hire someone with a snowblower.

6. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

are you sure they only have that one drive?

allot of times they have two and the drive like that thats only used in the summer the other is gravel or paved allot of homes here in mass on cape cod have them.

try plowing a crushed shell driveway...ouch

7. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I would say "no thank you, but if you find somebody that can do a good gob let me know so I can pass there number onto other people with similar drives".

8. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

hahaahahwesport

9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Tell the owner make sure his 4 wheel drive is working.!

10. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

I have one driveway, don't know whats its called but the stone is like little tiny ball bearings. It's all smooth and about 1/4 inch is the biggest piece. I have one with the same stone but about 1/2 inch. They both stink, but none have grass.. I hope they have a second driveway to use...

on another note, I'd hate to have to mow and weedwack that... rocks flying everywhere

11. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

I don't string trim gravel drives, and when you mow up to or onto the drive, I do it at partial throttle. It keeps from picking up and flinging the stones.

12. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Looks like an ornamental rear driveway/pathway. Main drive for cars is probably out front and we're looking at the back of the house. A real driveway that skinny would have crushed sides and the edge of the centerline would be beat up...its too neat to be a usable driveway.

13. 54powerwagon

54powerwagon Senior Member

put your plow all the way down then sell him 30 tons of 57 lime stone in the spring then repeat next year.

14. davink

davink Member

You do it with a shovel by hand at a rate of $1000.00 for the first two inches and increasing a hundred per inch after that!!

15. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Yeah! It looks like they can afford it! :dizzy: LOL