1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do you move snow on a lot like this?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by nsmilligan, Dec 27, 2013.

1. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

The lot is about the length of a football field, about 100' wide divided by a sidewalk and a chain link fence, and little snow storage at either end?
    There are 2 roadways leading to either end.

I was thinking I'd leave this open for suggestions, but here's how we do it.
    Windrow to the fence and blow it over the fence, sidewalk and other half of the parking lot. tymusic

2013-12-27 09.54.30.jpg

2. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

Can you push all the snow to the other end and use the blower to throw it back to what looks like a field?

3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

you have a google earth photo of it so can see what it looks like

4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Ya..... That picture does nothing to help.

5. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

Def need better pics than this.

6. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

Just based off the description I don't understand why you would blow it to the other side and then have to plow it again

You said there were to places on site to stack snow. I'd assume one on each side?

7. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

Here's the lot.

Green area to the left of the left road, 30 degree bank, roadways steep 15 percent hill, same with the road to the right.
    We're blowing it from the fence line across the lot to the lawn area at the bottom, never need to touch it again. Actually we can, with that tractor using the rotating drum on the blower put snow on the road, it's only about 75 yards!
    That blower does about 1000 tons/hour.

lot.jpg

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  8. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

The red lines I use V plows to push to the ends to the blue lines I would have my tractor with box plow where the blue lines are to pile the snow In the pile snow areas

I had a lot that is set up like that Thats how we did it

attachment.jpg

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  9. SnowGuy73

What program is that your running?

10. SnowGuy73

Agreed, that's going to be the most efficient way to push it.