1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do you make a Bid on a commerical lot?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by tomv420, Feb 11, 2005.

1. tomv420

tomv420 Junior Member

their is a plaza right near my house and i have wanted to get the contract for about 5 years but this is my first year with my own corpoation and do now know the first think on how to make a bid who who you would go to. the person that plows it now does a bad job so i know if i could find out how to make the bid I would get the job.
  2. mylittlescoop

mylittlescoop Senior Member
    from nj

Great! Write them a letter and tell them that their service provider did a horrible job and that you noticed it ( in a very professional way ) lol pro fold the letter and enclose a buisness card with a paper clip on your letter and tell them to inform you when the bids go up but you have to contact the property manager go into one of them stores and ask them who owns the property tell them what you want to do chances are they all contribute to the snow removal and they will be thrilled with the fact you will try to save them money
    Most likely them mom and pop shops never see the bill the owner of the buildings just make them all share the bill completely on some occasions the property owners will take care of the bill so either way you got to get that addy!
    Good Luck!
    p.s I go around with a notebook right after a storm and write down all the places that got late or crappy service and then contact them buisnesses or residential owners individually...
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2005
  3. JMR

JMR Senior Member

Find out who owns or manages the property. This is the person to approach. I too have also bid jobs that I was sure I would get due to the poor job of their current contractor. Many times I came to find out that they were getting what they paid for and they were willing to pay no more. I offer a certain level of service, but that service has its price. Don't always assume that every business is willing to pay for or wants that level of service. The customers that are willing to pay for quality service are the ones you want. Keep bidding jobs and you will get the work.
  4. mylittlescoop

mylittlescoop Senior Member
    from nj

We have a strrip mall here it is very small, these people paid 30 grand for snow removal and said they never even seen a bill....That baby is going to be MINE We only had 16 inches of snow removal so how on gods green earth could they have charged so much?
    I am dying for that one!
  5. plowman350

plowman350 Senior Member

space for lease

Just a tip:

If you don't want to walk into the business and ask about the property manager, you have another way. Sometimes businesses have empty spaces in their strip malls to fill, and there's leasing information in the window. Call that leasing company, and get the info. Sometimes the mgmt company leases it directly, and you'll get put through to the right people.
  6. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Try to find out what they pay the other guys...if you like the price...tell them you'll do it for the same and do alot better job. If it's not enough...tell them what YOU feel it's worth and tell them you can do a better job for xxx amount of dollars. Decide what YOU feel it's worth. Make sure it will pay ALL your expenses for that job and have a little left over for a happy meal.(they're cheaper)