1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do you like your stake?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by RonWin, Nov 23, 2014.

1. RonWin

RonWin Senior Member

Was wondering how you guys like marking out your lots/driveways as far as proximity to the turf. Do you put them right on the cusp where the pavement meets the turf or do you set them back 6" or more? I ask regarding turf and it's proximity to the surfaces being plowed NOT where curbs/obstacles are to be marked
  2. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

I go a foot back from the pavement. Most of what I see other do is right on the edge. But for me that is in the way. After it is frozen you can drive on it.
  3. Snow tracker

Snow tracker Senior Member

Ditto that. A foot back. That way when it's frozen you can widen the drive
  4. Mholubek

Mholubek Member

I go a foot or so back if I can.

I use to put them right on the edge but quickly learned the rut coming from plow edge will wipe those sticks rite out.
  5. andersman02

andersman02 Senior Member

I go right up to the edge on resi, Most of it is backdrag so I can get as close to it as possible, if I hit it back draggin usually they dont break.

Might try a bit off the grass next year but Im really anal about knicking sod
  6. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Me Too!

I'm right on the edge of the pavement and if it's a spot where I need to stack to, I just space them so they will not interfere. You're just giving away profit with fixing sod damage in the spring.