1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do you like your speedwing?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by plowzilla, Jan 13, 2010.

1. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

I am considering a speed wing but have my doubts about hitting a wing hard and then what? I run an 8' Boss with wings but thaey are a pain in the butt. Any good or bad info would be appreciated. Thank you

2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Love mine. Kinda of a dummy proof 810.
    Eats wings edges, you will need to install winter edge carbides to help with that.
    Have lost both wing pivot pins, but it was a quick fix. I carry spares with me now.
    Other than that it moves allot of snow fast, and weighs 200# less and costs allot less than a 810.
    I would get another in a heartbeat.
    Dino

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The speedwing looks pretty sweet for a smaller rig.

4. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I had an 810 for three years and I am now on my 4th season with my 860 sw. I haven't looked back yet !!! It moves tons of snow with few problems. You won't get paid more because you have a power plow so save your money and get the S.W. !!!

Good luck ,shaun

5. ACCONSTRUCTION

ACCONSTRUCTION Junior Member

Love my speedwing. have had no problems with it yet. so easy to run & moves alot of snow fast. Will buy another one for other truck without hesitation.

6. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Can't say enough, I've plowed with just about everything at one time or another. I have the 860. They're a little higher maintenance than most plows but worth every cent. Still waiting for beefier cables, I've been through 6 in the past 3 years. The good news is it doesn't slow you down and you can keep plowing, they're easy to change when your done.

7. articstorm

articstorm Member

I have a 2008 860SW and I really like mine. I had a few issues the first year, like truck side wiring harness and blowing fuses left and right. Main problem was the plug itself. The recent thaw we had I noticed the big nut came off, common. I am concerned about the wings getting damaged so I am carefull, but they have taken some good hits. I would really be concerned about a novice running this plow and damaging the wings. My plow has close to 250 hours use on it.

My main concern about ever getting another one though is that the two closest dealers to me are both an hour away. If I had any other plow, I can get it fixed at 4 in the morning, but not so with this one. If I had a dealer closer my next one would be a 860, but due to the service concern I may go back to Western next time.

8. Chad56

Chad56 Junior Member

We are a dealer in ohio and Speed wings are our most popular plow we sell. The only cost a few hundred more than a straight plow and lot less than a power plow so there a great choice. You even have the option of running as a staight plow if you want by locking the wings back.