1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do you like your new VXT

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Farm Boss, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

I bought a new 9.2 VXT this yr and really like the plow so far. Wondering what you other guys that bought new Boss V plows this yr, whether they are XTs or not think of them. Anybody have any new comments or ideas after running their new VXT's now?
  2. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

I like my V XT. The added height is nice for pushing a snow bank back, stacking, etc.
    On bigger lots it sure throws the snow nice.
  3. kah68

kah68 Senior Member

I just brought my old truck home with my new 8'2" VXT tonight, just did a bit of pushing, seems to work good, will see tomorrow when I go to do my route. Question, a friend who owns a 3 year old 9'2" Boss V broke the A frame, it was a $2200.00 repair, under warranty but it worried me a bit. The dealer told him it was from stacking in the scoop position, is there any truth to that? Seems strange that one of the biggest benefits of the V would cause structural damage?
  4. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

ive never heard of them breaking from stacking in scoop and thats the position most people i know use. my dealer runs 3 trucks all with 10' v's and never have a problem with it. my v is 3 year old poly v and have had 0 problems
  5. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

cant say from my 8'2 v xt i bought last december , used it once for 3" or less one storm :/ i cant wait till theres a foot to push!
  6. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

I love my plow, it works great and the hydrolics are quick
  7. jomofo

jomofo Senior Member

I've plowed about 40" on mine so far over three storms... So far, it's awesome. Easily the best rig I've ever worked on, which in all honesty is not saying very much. But it's a blast to use - just had to add the snow deflector - never plowed any of this colorado snow before.. boy does that **** love my windshield! My road is 4 miles long, 2000' uphill, and between 12' and 25' wide - have a few small areas to clear as well - takes me about 45 minutes.
  8. GreenManEnvy

GreenManEnvy Senior Member

I like mine, but I'd like to get out and use it even more... the snow just isn't cooperating.
  9. High Voltage

High Voltage Member
    from MI

I have only used mine 3 times so far, but seems to be a great plow.
  10. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

Like the 8.2 vxt that we got so far. Used it on a handful of storms. All storms 4" or less so hard to say if the flare is worth it. I've only used it to plow one drive, another guy always uses the xt and I take the truck with the spreader and western unimount.
  11. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

Does Boss offer a snow deflector for the Vxt? I dont think I have seen one yet.

Just wondering.
  12. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

Here is mine.

13. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

I think the deflector is the same as the regular v's.
  14. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

Thanks gentleman, I wasnt sure with the new flare and all.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Yes boss does make a deflector for the XT. Its the same for all there plows. standard duty straight blades to there 10 foot heavy duty plows. All the same. Comes in a roll of 10 feet and you cut it to lenght. Or you can have your dealer do it, but i would save some money and do it myself, cause they are 200 bucks alone, then add dealer cost ontop of that. OUCH! I also might trade my regular vee for a XT next year. Or sell my regular vee and get a XT in the box and put it together myself.
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  16. hardpac

hardpac Junior Member

If you deside to make your own, you can download the instructions off the Boss website. Has all the measurements to cut the rubber and the steel hold-down brackets, plus all the install info. you need.
    If I remember right, click MANUALS and then OPTIONS. Then scroll down to the deflector install instructions.
    Real easy to make and you'll save some $$. I got a nice piece of conveyor belt from a local ready-mix plant (free). Bought a 10 ft. piece of 2in. flat steel and some nuts and bolts, so I've got about 25.00 in mine. (Dealer wanted 200.00 for the factory kit, plus install.)